Saturday, March 21, 2009

Compartmentalizing


i spent some today setting up the new “vanilla” blog. i was setting up my profile page and when i went to list my interests, especially as it pertains to books, i had to do some selective editing.

i love the Kushiel’s Legacy series by Jacqueline Carey. Unfortunately, because it has BDSM in it, i didn’t want to list it on the blog dealing with my special needs child.

i guess i never tired to compartmentalize the aspects of my life before. Yes i was a slave, but i was a slave that was also a mother, grandmother, or friend. i didn’t really just how much of my identify is wrapped up in being a slave. i think it was easier to put the slave part of myself towards the “back” when i was unowned. Now that i have a Master to answer to, anything i do reflects his ownership.

He has laid the framework for our relationship and i know what i can and can’t do. Having those rules definitely helps things run smoothly. Do you think that we M/s lifestylers are on to something?

1 comments:

kathleen {SG} said...

I can't imagine trying to separate the aspects of my life between being a slave and living a nilla life. I just kind of do it....

I can't wait to start reading your nilla blog...and don't worry as I do in other places I'll use my aol open id **big smiles**

hugs,
kathleen {SG}