Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Feeling Ineffective


Why do we try to be perfectionists? Yes, this is a rhetorical question. i really wanted to put up the new blinds Master bought for his office, yet one of the screws holding the old ones is stripped.

Well, i don’t know how to get stripped screws out of a tight space, so i got crabby. i hate it when i can’t do something that i know will be of benefit to my Master.

Are all slaves like that? Or is it just us slaves with mental issues? *laughs* Anyway, it was a good thing i had to run to the store and then pick up Taylor at the babysitters because it gave me time to regroup.

i really hate it when i feel “ineffective”. i know that my Master didn’t hold it against me, but i did and i’m not sure how to stop doing that. Yes, i beat myself up way more than my Master ever could. Is that just my own character flaw or do i share that with other slaves?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What bothers me is not that you cannot do it, is that you beat yourself up, and then get crabby and I do not get any benefit from that at all.

I understand your born need to please, but there are times when it is ok to not be able to do something, and it pleases me more to see you just say you need help, and move on.

I do understand whay you are saying, and feeling, I am just letting you know, again, that it is not what you do, but how you do it that matters to this Master.

Everything should be done with joy around here, even the little stuff. That will make me the happiest. It's not just what you accomplish, but how you accomplish it and make my life pleasant by your attitude towards things. Even things that you can't do.

Just be the best you can be. It is ok.

I love you - you perfectionist you,
Master

kathleen {SG} said...

Will you please stop sharing everything??? Including your perfectionism? LOL LOL

I have the same problem. I believe in me it stems from my need for approval and to hear that I did a really good job. When I was young I think this began because my I felt that my parents were conditional in the better I did maybe they would love me more. As I look back I misperceived this and now realize that love is one of those absolute truths, even someone loves you or they don't. There is nothing on this God's green earth to change this...it is what it is. There are so many things that I have learned that I wish I had done "different, better, or more." That what I do today I feel I need to do to perfection which this one considers doing her best......OK..maybe I got some issues here to work out myself.

This is going to sound kind of funny and I know Y/you will get it, the "Apostle Paul said to find joy in ALL things." Mr. CDK makes a similar statement in His comment. Nah, there are too many thousands of years between them LOL LOL **big smiles** However Mr. CDK does carry His wisdom.

hugs,
kathleen {SG}
Proud to be called doulos to
Jesus Christ and Sir Geoffrey